Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy 1st Blog-osary!!

Last year, I decided to make this a niche blog. A blog all about Mindanao, issues surrounding Mindanao as part of my advocacy. But I could not separate myself with my advocacy. I write what I believe in. I talk to people whom I learn and got these narratives that helped me grow. The more I learn, the more I have this yearning that there is still more to learn.

I refurbished this blog and decided to write stories about myself, the people surrounding me, and the places I discovered. Narratives that made an impact on my journey. I wrote about my heart aches, my hopes, love affairs, fulfilled and unfulfilled promises. I talked about Mindanao bloggers and the quest for a more positive light for portraying our island in the mainstream media. I wrote about the farmers, the unsung heroes of our countryside that ironically the people who are deprived of the basic resource for production- land.



As this blog turns 1, I vow to write more, to travel more and learn more of what is the extremes (poverty despite its richness in resources, peace and conflict) and issues that affect Mindanao--my only home.



Happy thoughts!

3 comments:

Lance Catedral said...

Keep posting, Maych! Congrats on your first year!

gian said...

Happy 1st blog-osary! Although it's really late. hehehe :D

May Che said...

salamat sa inyong duha..although sporadic akong posts, will really really try to update.

Thanks for dropping Bon and yani.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir