Thursday, May 13, 2010

one,23 Hooray!!

Time just flies too fast. It's seems only yesterday when I wrote my 22nd ramblings and here I am, adding one on the last digit of my age. Nygaks!

So how's life so far?

The first quarter of the year was a tupsy-turvy of sorts. There was a moment of loss--saying goodbye and mourning, the time of the long overdue confrontation, reconciliation, healing and moving on.

You'll never know how strong the attachment is until the moment comes to say goodbye. I realized I have no talent for saying goodbye to somebody I feel strong attachment to. It's painful yet you know you have to end that attachment. It's just inevitable and you need it in order to move on and enable you to grow. You need to see and feel the pain of losing someone or something to appreciate what's coming. It is only by losing that we will learn to appreciate more what we have.
I remember Murakami saying “every action produces loss.” It's the entropy of the moral system.

You just need to chose your battle. What's important is when you're going through that very intense moment, you are surrounded by good friends, good food, good books. It is the people that hold dear to us that matter. And I am so blessed to have these people to celebrate life with. They have seen me through thick and thin (literally and figuratively. hehe!)

And I am thankful to celebrate my natal day not just for a day but for a week with you guys! (Ah murag artista ra! Haha!)

May 9 PRE- BDAY POOL PARTY
It's Mother's day and the day before the 1st ever Automated Election Day. I guess, everyone was excited as most of us are first time voters. High school and college friends gather trying to tackle some possibilities, hopeful despite the negativities.It's the reunion of the 'three little pigs', recollection of high school craziness and bonding with family members. I thank Ate Flo for her prayers. "We pray that you give May Che, good health and wonderful lovelife." pati lablayp sinali,Waynot! hehe!



MAY 10 ELECTION DAY
It's a very gloomy day. I hope not a sign of the future of this country. Despite the heat and later on, drizzle, the people stayed on their line just to fill-out their ballots.


Good thing, I met my confidante, my kuya and the future officiating priest of my future wedding! Harhar!
Meet Kuya Father Gillarme Joy Pelino, the vicar priest of Tampakan, my kinakapatid.


The long line is a good time to keep abreast with our lives. I always tell him, if I can only clone him, I will immediately do so. We talked about the search for the Significant Other, compatibility, environmental concerns, corruption, the local government's decision not to decide on the controversial environmental code, continuing plunder of our natural resources, Paulo Freire's concientiza├žao, and back to the matters of the heart. He told me the importance of common preferences as source of attraction. “Of course it won't hurt if that Significant Other is yummy too!,” I added. He laughed. If you have this guy standing next to you, falling in line even until midnight is okay!

And at noon, Heidi, my goat gave birth to two healthy kids! I already gave up my virtual Farmtown to have the real version (well, sort of). Wapeeee!


May 11
back to Davao. Still had the hang-over. So the best thing to do? Reformat/ relay-out my blog.


From Brown to white.



May 12 Chippen's Date
My former boss turned foster mother and I had a date. It's her post- masteral graduation/ post- b-day and my pre-bday celebration. I just love eating and I love eating with the best people. Habhab to the max! And while eating, Mader Pacz, Ate Alex and Lola Tigs, are already planning where the next eat-all-you-can destination.




May 13
My day and the day of meetings. Meeting with the GODC people at 10AM and meeting with the AR group at 2pm. It's a day of smiles, good food (salamat to my AFRIM family for the pancit [traditional handa for long life!], yummy fresh durian, durian yam and pan). Thanks to Ate Myrna for my colorful nails! :D Salamat for my ates (ate Nokie, Nikki and Lizzy) for the unplanned Here Comes the Bride movie date. Tawa to the max!

And to cap the night, I received a call from my father. :)

May 14
Ate Gie gives me Mushu, my blue-eyed miming! Kumpleto na bday ko! Sunod na picture niya pag nakaligo na siya.^-^

May 15
Bonding time with my father and Mushu. APO concert afterwards. Ticket sponsored by Papa. Wapeeei!!

It's just a wonderful week for me. God is good always. For my families and friends, I can't THANK YOU enough.

smooooooooochies! I loooooooove you all!

2 comments:

Lance Catedral said...

Naka-Ubuntu ka, Maych? So cool!

May Che said...

yes LAnce. Ubuntu na kami dito sa office. :) The problem is with our tables. nasisira pag i-open sa Word.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir