Saturday, December 31, 2011

Endings and New Beginnings

The Mayan calendar predicted that 2012 is the end of the world. If indeed next year is the apocalypse, then I die happily!




2011 is the year of the rabbit, and it's truly my Year- the year of Dorarabbit! :))
I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to commune with nature and climb mountain (literally). Lake Holon trip and my Linan climb are just memorable - Meeting new friends, being a part of the TAKSA small mountaineering group.

Although I started the year being healthy, I wasn’t able to continue the climbing exercises. I was invited to Mt. Apo but I declined (conflict of sked and I don’t want climbing event with many climbers). Traveling to Visayas is another milestone in my travel list. Being a salimpusa is not bad after all. You just need to be friendly and be open to a lot of possibilities. Traveling is only enjoyable if you have the best company. Traveling entails new learnings and knowing more about yourself.

God knows how itchy my feet gets, so He wanted me to take another trip to open my eyes and mind to the different faces of poverty and richness of human spirit. Visiting Kulaman and meeting the Manobo Dulangan who struggles to keep their ancestral domain is a trip I could not forget. In every cup of coffee, a dream continues. 


To end my year, I got to finally take one thing on my bucketlist- watch Azkals live and see David Beckham in flesh.


2011 have been a great year despite the challenges. Thank you Lord for blessing me and my family. Here's to more love, travel and life!

Water dragon, Let's get it on!! :)

1 comments:

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir