Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stories we can't/ won't tell


One day,' you said, 'I watched the sunset forty-three times!'
And a little later you added:
'You know, when one is that sad, one can get to love the sunset.'
'Were you that sad, then, on the day of the forty-three sunset?'
But the prince made no answer.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

I gazed at the sun, slowly closing in at  the horizon. I am thinking of you, of the stories we weaved together and  never able to continue. I know I never lost you. I never have owned you anyway. In the same way you can't own me.  It's only with this kind of freedom that we will be able to see the importance of our presence. I understand it now clearly. We have to  write our own stories now. And when someday we see each other again, let's sit and watch the sunset.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir